Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Resume Writing

Being 17, and pretty inexperienced when it comes to the real working world I had sort of a difficult time displaying all of my skills in resume form. I've only had a few jobs before, and all of them include serving food to people, which has nothing to do with any of my life aspirations or goals for this project. With that being said, I'm glad there was an "additional skills" section in the resume template I filled out. I was at least able to show somewhere that I'm capable of more than scooping ice cream or folding napkins.

I chose to read "The Glass Castle," a memoir by Jeanette Walls. I'm enjoying it so far, because of the way Walls makes her far less than ideal family situation growing up sound beautiful; which is in a way what I want to be able to do with photojournalism. I want to be able to capture a beautiful story within an image, regardless of its superficial appeal.

I'm excited to write a research paper on photography for this project. I plan on doing research about lighting, framing, subject choice, and maybe even the history of photography. I think I will hugely benefit from learning so much about taking pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you like your book. It was one of my favorites, and my husband's too. When thinking about your research paper, try to limit your topic so you do not bite off more than you do in the weeks left...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great topic! I think photography it a great way to learn and its history is very interesting. I think it would be cool if you talked about the developing process.

    ReplyDelete