Monday, April 3, 2017
Blog 10
So far I think my biggest frustration has been topic selection for my research paper. Each database has thousands of sources on every topic, so that made pinpointing specific articles and details sort of a challenge. My biggest time waster, besides getting distracted and then unmotivated in class has been the leadership reflection readings we did as weekly assignments. For me it just felt like busy work, with each new reading I honestly felt like I could have used my submission from the week before and answer the same questions. It just seemed repetitive, asking the same questions over and over again. Stress-wise I’ve shockingly been dealing pretty well, the fact that I only have four classes has to do with this since this is the only one I have a decent amount of work in ever. The largest stressor I’ve had so far is the research paper that’s due on Thursday… research papers have never exactly been my thing, considering that I just turned a thesis paper in from last semester in today. But, I’m going to manage my time this week the best I can.. Aiming to turn it in on time. For the most part, I’ve stayed ahead of all my work, but I wish I had more notes on articles and a solid idea of exactly what I’m writing about. To prevent this I could have maybe been less distracted in class, but honestly, I’m not complaining about the amount of prep I’ve done for this paper, considering it’s more than what I’d normally have done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am right with you, I am not very good at writing research papers. At least we get to pic the topic we are writing about!
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that you recognized that you have done more prep work with this paper than others...that is a good sign. You can do anything you put your mind to, remember that Grace.
ReplyDeleteI agree that research papers can be stressful. I also wish I took more notes on my resources.
ReplyDelete