Monday, March 20, 2017

Leader

A leader I admire is my mom. I consider her to be an effective leader because of all she can do while juggling so much on a day to day basis. She balances her priorities and time, between family and work.
The best leadership experience I've had was helping out with a youth basketball clinic a few years back. While working with some of the younger girls, I used connective leadership, because I was able to relate to the girls thinking back to what I was taught when I was their age going to these clinics. As strategies of connective leadership for correcting some of the technical errors, they were making in their footwork. I would relate to them by agreeing that the right way to do certain footwork felt weird, but I then provided reasoning to why the correct way was more efficient. I think what enhanced my abilities to connect with the younger players and teach them was my experience playing basketball in the same program.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a nice role model in your mother. I think that she would be proud to know that you have spotlighted her in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much moms can do while staying calm through it all! That is very cool that you got to help these younger girls, I'm sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother sounds like an excellent role model to strive to become. She sounds the good mix that can be used for both your friend and your work.

    ReplyDelete